10 Things on Cambria's Mind Today:
1. Because you all liked it so much, I wore green again today (scroll down)...until it got too hot. WAY too hot.
2. Seeing myself in a sleeveless, flimsy dress makes it eminently clear that the 8 lbs I've gained since my wedding last year NEED TO GO, and those fit-as-a-fiddle dancer muscles need to come back...at this moment, I could advertise Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream. Almost didn't post these photos.
3. This clutch is the best blessed purchase I've made all summer...I carry it practically every day and love how snazzy $12 can look :)
4. Every once in a while I just decide not to wear any makeup at all (not too hard, since I only wear concealer and mascara anyways), which today was a sweet blessed relief given the hot weather...my face felt so cool and free. Totally worth the marginal amount of embarrassment I always feel when (face) naked.
5. The sweater below is a LUCKY sweater find. Now, that's a double entendre (or word play at the least) because it is Lucky brand, and it was a lucky Goodwill $1.49 find.
6. I am currently addicted to flattened banana and dehydrated mango from Trader Joe's...it's the only place I can find dried fruit that's "just fruit" with no added sugar and nastiness...and it's sooooooo full of fruity deliciousness! Try it. You'll never go back to that syrup-soaked, sugar-sticky crap from the bulk bin ever again :P
7. Details make the difference when dressing for the day = my new alliterative closet mantra. Check the pretty sweater weave, check the flower headband, check the delicately painted locket necklace.
8. I'm doing a poetry reading at a local coffee shop this weekend...and I'm SO EXCITED!!! I'm challenging myself to step out and share my writing with others...scary but so good for me.
9. Dear Marie Antoinette, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Artist, Jane Eyre, Singin' in the Rain, and The Age of Innocence: I should do more with my past two weekends, but I can't stop watching you.
10. You can all fire me from fashion blogging and send me to the moon, but I DO NOT get the Essie nail polish thing. Got my first bottle this weekend and practically peed my pants waiting to get home and paint my nails--which turned out to be the biggest let down of my week. What's the rave, folks?! How did this stuff get popular?! It went on uneven and clumpy. It took forever to dry fully. It started chipping within 24 hours. Sorry, but I should've stuck with OPI...or even L'Oreal for that matter.