Monday, July 2, 2012

"A Long Shadow and a Light Sound"

10 Things on Cambria's Mind Today:

1. Because you all liked it so much, I wore green again today (scroll down)...until it got too hot. WAY too hot.

2. Seeing myself in a sleeveless, flimsy dress makes it eminently clear that the 8 lbs I've gained since my wedding last year NEED TO GO, and those fit-as-a-fiddle dancer muscles need to come back...at this moment, I could advertise Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream.  Almost didn't post these photos.


3. This clutch is the best blessed purchase I've made all summer...I carry it practically every day and love how snazzy $12 can look :)

4. Every once in a while I just decide not to wear any makeup at all (not too hard, since I only wear concealer and mascara anyways), which today was a sweet blessed relief given the hot weather...my face felt so cool and free.  Totally worth the marginal amount of embarrassment I always feel when (face) naked.


5. The sweater below is a LUCKY sweater find.  Now, that's a double entendre (or word play at the least) because it is Lucky brand, and it was a lucky Goodwill $1.49 find.


6. I am currently addicted to flattened banana and dehydrated mango from Trader Joe's...it's the only place I can find dried fruit that's "just fruit" with no added sugar and nastiness...and it's sooooooo full of fruity deliciousness!  Try it.  You'll never go back to that syrup-soaked, sugar-sticky crap from the bulk bin ever again :P


7. Details make the difference when dressing for the day = my new alliterative closet mantra.  Check the pretty sweater weave, check the flower headband, check the delicately painted locket necklace.

8.  I'm doing a poetry reading at a local coffee shop this weekend...and I'm SO EXCITED!!!  I'm challenging myself to step out and share my writing with others...scary but so good for me.


9.  Dear Marie Antoinette, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Artist, Jane Eyre, Singin' in the Rain, and The Age of Innocence: I should do more with my past two weekends, but I can't stop watching you.

10.  You can all fire me from fashion blogging and send me to the moon, but I DO NOT get the Essie nail polish thing.  Got my first bottle this weekend and practically peed my pants waiting to get home and paint my nails--which turned out to be the biggest let down of my week.  What's the rave, folks?!  How did this stuff get popular?!  It went on uneven and clumpy.  It took forever to dry fully.  It started chipping within 24 hours.  Sorry, but I should've stuck with OPI...or even L'Oreal for that matter.

<3 Cambria

31 comments:

  1. Your sweater was a Lucky find!! I love it!

    And I've never tried Essie, so you're not totally alone in that one!

    And you're so sweet to notice I haven't posted yet today, coming soon, off of work and being lazy today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple dress is the way to go to beat the heat! I've been going sans makeup too because I just can't deal with makeup melting off my face...you won't see it on my blog though, haha. I'm with you on Essie, they have great colors but that stuff chips SO quick. NYC brand polish lasts me all week and it's 99 cents.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove this dress, its very 1920s flapperesque, it`s super cute on you. And that clutch is such a great piece, I can see why you love it so much. Maybe you got a bad bottle of essie, it always goes on sooo smooth for me and chips way less than my other kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, and you look gorgeous in it! Definitely NOT anything like an advert for Chunky Monkey :) I love that feeling of no make up too, but I feel so naked without it! Also, I'm an OPI girl all the way! And that's so exciting about your poetry reading. I'm always (attempting to!) write short stories but I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to read them out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair accessory so much Cambria - its very you! And by the way, great revamp of your blogger layout, I really like the stripes on the side :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great in this dress! very elegant and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style. You've got to try to post your look on Lookly: http://www.huliganjetta.com/lookly.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry but where are these supposed eight pounds of extra weight cause I cant see any! Seriously you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty dress, and I like the fact that you own so many of them :) In your wedding photos you look a bit like Audrey Hepburn :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous! & goodness, i wish i looked like you with those 8 extra pounds!! haha i've been attempting to go to the gym but i'm just too lazy-- pass me over some motivation ;DD
    & awesome steal! i love finding goldmines in goodwill/salvation army :D
    stay cool today chica!
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're crazy, girl, with that 8 lbs too fat! : )

    Lovely post. Thanks for always stopping by. We love your site, as well!

    xo
    Venessa
    http://www.everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute post! Love the green cardigan and your flower crown. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You don't look like you need to lose weight at all, you're looking perfect to me! That dress is so lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so goo in this dress! And I love the painted locket!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dear! Nice post :)
    I hope you like and follow my blog, I'm waiting for your comments!

    http://www.acupofashion.com/

    PS: Follow me on Instragram >> @LarissaGuerrini

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely dress, I love flowers in your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great in that dress! What ARE you talking about??

    And as for the Essie polish, I'm actually really surprised that that was your experience. I've had a really great experience with it... no clumps, super fast dry, no chips..... did you get a bottle that had been stocked at the store for too long or something? That's really really strange...

    Julia
    Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cambria, you look stunning in this dressy look! And ohmygosh, you need not lose anything or else you will disappear! Thanks for adding the touch of green again, lol. Excited to hear about the poetry reading, maybe you could share something with us as well...please? Nods to that, I don't get the Essie thing either, I just think the names are cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely no sweaters for me either.. it's been so hot! Anywho.. you look so fancy in these pics, like you have a recital or ceremony! Lol!

    xo Rachel

    www.glamhampton.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely black dress! I would wear it w/o the sweater!

    http://www.afterflats.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your alliteration and that sweet birdy necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look beautiful in that dress! Love the outfit!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do not look chunky! HaHaHa I love your dress and that headband is darling :D What a great find (the green sweater)! I love those. HAHA About Essie! I've never had any problems, but I haven't used them lately. When nail polish is bad, it is BAD! Stick with what you like and what works.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Cambria you have such a pretty name! Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog I really appreciate it (: I just wanted to mention that I love your outfit and you look super pretty without makeup! I find myself not wearing makeup very often either ;P YOU ARE NOT CHUNKY DEAR! My gosh you are looking way fit and healthy it would have been a shame if you didn't post these pictures. Following you back (:

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so cute, you do not need to lose any pounds you look great! You look beautiful without makeup and I don't know about the green nail polish either.

    I'm having a your choose cashmere giveaway on my blog, would love for you to pass by and enter I think you'll love it.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your dress!

    *Enter my Romwe Giveaway here: http://madridforniagirl.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/romwe-giveaway-special-leggings.html*

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are cute just the way you are girly...what 8 lbs???? Love the green sweater (fave color) and the clutch is pretty darn amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE that floral headband! I have one but I have been looking for more inspiration to make more! Lovely post Cambria!

    xo,
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love, sweetness, and hugs, darlings!

If you like my style, follow GFC or Bloglovin'...I'm always happy to make new friends <3