Monday, November 18, 2013

Eshakti Autumn/Winter Rocks!!!

Today's post comes to you courtesy of Eshakti 
-- a dressmaker so excellent, they even managed to convince me to return to blogging for a moment this Autumn!!!  The lovely folks over at Eshakti offered me a custom dress for the coming Fall/Winter season, and quite frankly, I snapped at the chance.  Eshakti has become one of my favourite clothing companies in the past couple years...primarily because they offer customization options for the neckline, sleeves, length, and even body measurements on all their outfits.  Custom-tailored dresses, blouses, and skirts?!  And in an array of fantastic vintage and modern styles?!  
Yes, please!


As you can see, I was more than satisfied when my garment arrived.  I chose a retro-style dress in grey/green/navy plaid with a darling button-front, sweet notched collar, and pocketed skirt (hooray!).  I happen to be fortunate enough to measure almost exactly to their size XS, so I opted not to customize body measurements -- but I did choose my own sleeve length (3/4) and my own skirt length (below the knee).  I chose the dress primarily to wear with a vintage petticoat I recently thrifted, and was ecstatic to find that it pairs to perfection!


The fabric is the perfect weight for this season -- just heavy enough not to wrinkle under your coat and keep you warm, but lightweight enough to layer with a sweater, tights, or petticoat.


Did I mention that I love the fact that Eshakti makes their dresses with pockets?!  Perfect for my tube of va-va-voom pinup-red lipstick :)


Maybe most impressive of all was the attention to detail in the dress design...I love the perfectly rounded edges of the collar, the way the plaid lines up across the bodice but diagonal on the skirt, the flattering princess seams, smoothly sewn side zipper, and fabric covered buttons that don't gape!  True quality here, ladies! And just the right amount of detail to pair with some other ladylike but subtle items -- lacey tights, bowed suede kitten heels, and some gleaming pearls :)


Thanks again, Eshakti!!!  For another beautiful item to add to my wardrobe...

<3 Cambria

19 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the dress, love the hair, love the styling, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see you! You look lovely - really nice dress. What a fantastic plaid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, you're the cutest thing ever and this dress is perfection on you. And with that petticoat? Sigh, I die.

    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassssssseeeee don't go away again! I've missed you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're blogging!!!!

    I freaking love this dress - everything about it. You are too cute and gorgeous and wow. Amazing.

    And I need to see your face in person - hopefully before my little guy shows up. If not, well, we'll plan a "get me out of the house" type event somewhere there after! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! It's been a billion years since you blogged (lol)! So good to hear from you. The dress insanely gorgeous and looks so amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's so funny is that I was debating between this dress and the one I actually bought. It looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man you look so retro and gorgeous! I absolutely love this plaid dress. It seriously looks like a true vintage piece - especially paired with the petticoat. It's like you came straight out of the 50s with your red lipstick and string of pears. Such a pretty look! eShakti is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the dress, so perfect!! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful dress!!!!!
    I miss your posts!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing dress!!

    xoxo
    http://www.petitsweetcouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice*
    Maybe we follow each other !?
    Let me know if you follow me & i´ll follow back :)

    Greetings <3
    pequenaflordemaracuja.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely

    would you like to follow each other?
    following you now x
    http://iamaleena.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome!

    xoxo
    http://www.petitsweetcouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like you walked straight out of mad men! Love it!
    xo,
    Allie
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello sweetie. Do you want to follow each other?

    FASHION-SPIKE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love, sweetness, and hugs, darlings!

If you like my style, follow GFC or Bloglovin'...I'm always happy to make new friends <3